Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas "Wreath"

Several months ago I came across this idea for a Christmas "wreath" at a blog called Pink Postcard and I loved it.  I saved the link to refer back to later because I knew for sure I wanted to steal copy her idea. 

Back in May I found the bicycle baskets at a yard sale for $5.  One side is being used as a magazine holder in our upstairs bathroom.  The other half has just been sitting in the attic waiting for Christmas.


I bought a little spray of greenery and berries at Walmart for $3 and filled the rest in with leftover trimmed branches from our tree.  I added twine to hang it by and a bow.  Yes, I know my bow making skills leave much to be desired, but I'm pretending it adds to the "rusticness" of it all.  I shaped my old wooden folding ruler into a star and tucked that in as well. 






Look at all that rusty goodness!



It took me all of about 5 minutes to put together, only cost me $3, and I am LOVING it!



Linking up to:

17 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I love it!! The ruler in the shape of a star was a great touch, and your bow looks perfect to me. IF you want to see a bad bow come check my bow making skills out sometime. haha. Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!, but especially the Star ruler!!! Our Christmas wreath is already up for this year...but you could do so many neat things with this - for any season!
    Yours looks really pretty and seasonal!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I LOVE what you did...looks outstanding. I remember seeing this over at Denise's blog. Come by on Monday and share this with us at my NIFTY THRIFTY party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wish I was in a log cabin in the woods looking at snowfall!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Beth http://alyssabeth1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute idea! And I think your bow looks great... much better than I think I could do!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sweet comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It so cute, and rustic. I'm with you girl, I'm not good at making bows either, kind of have a love/hate relationship with them. I do think it fits in better not begin perfect. I wish I had this, so cute, got to have an eye out for an old bike baskets. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this... it's so creative and just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving it too!!! The best part is that I have a wire basket in the basement just waiting to have this makeover!!! Thanks Stephanie. Just found your blog through Sundays Best Party! Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's so clever and makes a great statement! I just love the ruler star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project. I love the star measuring stick. BRILLIANT! Thank you so much for linking it to Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, specially the wire basket.
    Happy Holidays
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! So clever with the measuring stick star!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful love how you decorated everything for the holidays

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...