Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Our Lil' Cupcake" Party

Anyone who knows me well knows that my love of decorating isn't confined to just interiors, I love to put together and decorate a good party, too.  So I figured I'd share some during this in-between time of project posts.

This was almost 4 years ago, for Halie's 1st birthday.  I didn't blog then, so my pictures aren't quite as "blog worthy."  But you'll still get the general idea.

Those giant cupcake pans were just starting to become popular, or at least that's when I was first becoming aware of them, and I loved them.  So I decided to do a cupcake theme.  I found partyware that said "Our Lil' Cupcake's 1st Birthday" and I planned around that. 

(This was held at my in-laws home.)


In the end, I decided not to use the giant cupcake pan, and had Publix make a cake to match the cupcake on the partyware instead.  I kind of over calculated on the amount of people it would be for and it turned out huge, lol! 




I set up a table for gifts and cards.  I made little chocolate lollipop favors for everyone and set those on the table.



I ordered a "Pin the Candle on the Cupcake" game for the kids to play. 
I don't have a picture of the entire game.  : ( 


I found a cupcake pinata that had "magic strings' instead of having to hit it to break it open.  The kids took turns pulling a string and one of them was the "magic" one that opened the bottom.  So much easier for little kids to do rather than trying to break it! 



My family helped out with bringing food, and I kept the menu simple.  Just "kid type" finger foods.  Little pieces of pizza, PB & J sandwich triangles, pretzels, chips, fruit, etc.

 A cute cupcake balloon for her birthday chair. 

The Lil' Cupcake herself, with a matching party bib. 

For weeks leading up to this party I used a local website (in NC) that's similar to Craigslist to sell anything and everything I could.  I saved all the money for her party.  That way I didn't have to cut into our regular budget and my hubby couldn't say no to anything because he thought it un-necessary.  It was "my" money and I would spend it as I wanted, lol!  Even so, I think I did this entire party for under $200.

So there ya go, a cute little 1st birthday on a tight budget.  I'll share more in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...