Monday, October 10, 2011

$1 Edison Style Lamp


I found this lamp at a yard sale over the weekend for $1.  It's not any name brand or anything, in fact I'm pretty sure it's from K-mart originally.  I asked the lady if it worked, she said yes, but that I would need to find a new shade for it. 


Au contraire Mademoiselle.  The shade I do not need.


I saw it without the shade as sort of an Edison style lamp.  I gave it a couple of days of probation, and in the end decided I like it.


I think it makes a nice pairing with the Edison lamp I made a few months ago.



I fully expected my husband's reaction to be, "That's weird." - an exact quote of his reaction to my suitcase table, which can be seen {here}.  But shockingly, he actually liked it!  I knew there was a reason I keep him around.


10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love finds like that. :) Your living room is so pretty.... ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That light is just perfect there. Who would of thought... you of course. I am at the party right after you at Coastal Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool - they look great together!

    Hop'n by from 'Creative Bloggers Party & Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would of thought I would like a lamp without a shade, but I do. It's really cool. Would you please post this at my 1st Sunday's Best Party. You need to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lamps ... If I can find the right bulb, I have lots of lamps/parts to work with. Great idea with the Edison lamp.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've collected old crates too, I love how you have yours displayed. Good job!!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the boxes on pinterest. Genius! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style Stephanie! I hopped over from Funky Junk Interiors. I love your lamp and boxes! Happy to be a new follower. I have a link party that just went live a few a couple hours ago. It's about sharing the things that make you happy. I'd love if you shared!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stephanie, I found you via Laurel's Friday Finds on The North End Loft and loved your crates end table. Pinned and following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the couch. Where can I get it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...