Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jumping on the Cloche Bandwagon

Ok, I'm sure most of you know that cheese dishes/domes turned cloches are popping up all over blogland.  I think they're pretty...not exactly my style, but pretty nonetheless.  So when I spotted the glass dome at Goodwill for 1.49 I decided to experiment.  A few weeks later I found the wooden base at a different thrift store for .79.  And then a couple of weeks later I found the candle holder for .99.


I used a good strong glue and attached the candleholder to the base.  Roughed it up, painted the blue part a dark brown, then did a couple of layers of dry brushing over the entire thing, and added a clear coat. 

And here's what I got.



I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it now because like I said, not really my style, but it was fun to experiment.


1 comment:

  1. You could start an Etsy shop. :) Seems like creativity abounds with you. It is cute - an experiment that turned out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...